One week into the 2016 August Poetry Postcard Fest and the Facebook group is percolating with activity. Here is a recap of some of the recurring themes (not direct quotes):
- This is so cool!
- A little scary.
- My mailbox is still empty.
- Wow! I’ve gotten all these cards already.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- I love your poem, but you didn’t sign it. Who are you?
- Hooray for postage stamps.
- Free-writing — yikes!
- Feeling the flow.
- Sharing some ideas for prompts.
- Let’s talk about glue!
- Be patient; the cards will arrive.
If you’re participating in the 2016 APPF and are not already part of the Facebook group, please consider joining, at least for the next couple of months. It’s a great place to find the spark you need to write that next postcard poem, get practical tips and “meet” the people whose poems are arriving in your mailbox.
And please, for at least the next month, refrain from posting poems or handmade postcard images — yours or those by others.
Thanks for your participation and your wonderful, thoughtful, inspired poems. Happy postcarding!
. . . . .
image courtesy 2016 APPF participant Charlie Stobert, used with permission